Monday, January 25, 2010

Trying to learn to meditate. 1

I have had the book borrowed for awhile now. Just haven't really started.
I guess what helped me along was reading a blog I follow about animal communication and the bird of the day was a goose and the goose is a symbol to follow through to move forward.

I know I haven't been posting as much, but that is ok, because it is not a big u-buet blog, never meant it to be... however I was getting a little freaked out because my "numbers" have been happening MUCH more frequently.
I mean they scare me to begin with, but this last week it has been everywhere I look.. like everywhere.

So here I started trying to learn to meditate.

I am reading and working through a wonderful book called Learn to Meditate by David Fontana.

I call it great, because while it has background for understanding of the things, it doesn't have all the crap that goes along with a whole lot of meditation books.

The book goes through different stages of learning, through exercises given to do and text to explain different things.

I have only just started, and because I don't want to give all the book away, won't be detailed in the exercises.

----I suppose I have been bad, because in a total of 40 minutes I did 2. It did not say how long to spend on each one, and me.. being me.. wanted to race forward.

The first one I had to basically watch what my head was doing, thoughts were supposed to race past...The only thoughts I really had were trying to keep my eyes shut.
I don't get it, aren't your eyes supposed to be closed when relaxed? Every time I relaxed my eyes they wanted to open.

The second one I had to add a little phrase to what I was doing in the first. This was pretty freaky.. my hands felt like they were burning, but I kept having thoughts of catching energy? LOL I know strange right?
I also could see like fluid movements, like when you put ink in water and it swirls around gently, They weren't real colourful, actually pretty dark, at one stage there was a bright yellow, but just got drowned again in the dark colours.
When I say dark, I suppose I mean more bright colours but in the shade.. if that explains it?
When I was seeing this my thoughts were travelling inside myself.. and kept looking for the middle of the whirlpool, like a spiral.. it was there in the middle but so so tiny, but I knew it was there?


Well that's it for today, There are some exercise to do while just everyday living, so to speak.

I hope I don't sound to mental.. or crazy, if anyone comes across this. But I really wanted to be honest, that way when I look back I can judge properly.. or maybe.. hopefully hehe

No comments: