Sunday, December 6, 2009

Exciting news about Studley Park house


This gorgeous house lies in the middle of the Camden Golf Club, a little south of Sydney.
A few years ago my husband and I went for a drive up there to see this house; Not only because of the reported hauntings but also because of the building itself.. I am a sucker for stately old homes, even more so in their original self.. disrepair and all!
Anyway...we were told that it was no longer available to the public because of the run-down state, and it was so far into the golf course we couldn't even park outside to have a look.
Disappointed much?! ;)

So I was just looking around the net and remembered the beauty that it was and thought I might check in on it.

Paranormal Australia gives a good summation of the history and some pretty pictures of it.
Paranormal Australia

And now taking up where their story left off....
Since the purchase of the house by Camden Gold club....
  • 2006 Camden Council purchased the house from the Commonwealth
  • 2008 the house was sold to the Moran family
  • 2008 Peter Moran, being a member of the RROCA made it available to the foundation on a 20 year lease, for as they say it "peppercorn rent"
You can read more about the new owner's/ lessee's plans here.

I so very much hope that they open it up to the public also! I would most certainly pay to walk through that beautiful, beautiful home, let alone the revenue they could raise just for the ghost activity alone.
There was an Australian show called Scream test that didn't last long, however one of the places they used was Studley Park House... in the basement, and apparently picked up several things just in that one night.
Either way, I hope so much that they open it to the public, but even if they don't, it's nice to know that it will be looked after again, and not let rot into the ground :)

Here is a little story from a local newspaper :

VIDEO: Studley Park House featured in paranormal television series

Here is a thorough history of the home.

1 comment:

Miss Jaded Rage said...

I truly wish there were more photos of the home's layout, however I am sure that I have dreamt of this home before. I feel my dream allowed me to walk the premises during it's time as a grammar school. Would there be any way to request a virtual tour of this gorgeous place?